• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jasia

Jasia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:48 PM

Hello, I'm just wondering if there's been any talk or decisions by the RM staff regarding their mobile apps now that they have this working agreement with Ancestry.com. I currently use the iPad and Android apps and love them. I'm hoping they won't be phased out as a cost savings move since RM users will soon be able to sync with the Ancestry.com trees. I'm not a fan of the Ancestry.com trees and would much prefer to use the RM mobile apps to take my genealogy data with me. Please say RM's mobile apps are here to stay! 

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:17 AM

RootsMagic Apps are here to stay.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Jasia

Jasia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:26 AM

Yeah! Best news I've had all day! Thanks, Renee!  :)

#4 jeff363

jeff363

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:02 AM

I am glad that they are here to stay, but will they sync with the ancestry.com or familysearch.com trees?  Right now, the app is not that useful in that you can't add data and have it sync to the online trees and pc trees (if one has one).  Are there plans for this update to the app?

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:50 AM

It requires a rewrite to be editable and allow syncing. After we complete the rewrite for the native Mac version of RootsMagic we can look at rewriting our app. The one tool is necessary before the other.

Renee
RootsMagic