Photo

Publisher: Rename "Text Page" in Chapters View?

Publisher Text Page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jocelyn

Jocelyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

Hello!

I'm looking for guidance on  renaming "Text Page" in Publisher's top-level view, which might be called "Chapters view."

(Inspired by Laura, I'm using Publisher text pages to craft appendices for long family histories.  One Text Page per appendix.  Appendix A: Our Ancestors in the Civil War.  Appendix B: History of Germanna.  And so on.)

Currently, each chapter originating as a Text Page defaults to the name "Text Page."  When it's time to edit the "Civil War" appendix or "Germanna" appendix, I click each Text Page in order to identify which one to edit.

This gets cumbersome as the number of appendices grows.  Click, click, click through the list of anonymous Text Pages.

BTW, I'm aware of/appreciate the renaming utility "Title of text page" once the Text Page is pulled up.  However, renaming doesn't survive into Chapters view.  And the Rename button for Text Page in Chapters view is greyed out.

All thoughts and workarounds appreciated!

(One workaround of course is to write the appendices separately in a word processing program.  That just seems a shame when Publisher works so well otherwise.)

My deepest thanks! -- Jocelyn

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:28 PM

I think this has been mentioned before, and should be on the wish list for enhancements.

#3 Jocelyn

Jocelyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:39 PM

Ah, yes.  Now I see the confirmed enhancement request from September 2014 in the Wish List forum.  Pardon -- I assumed my ignorance, which is not a stretch of the imagination.  So I didn't check the Wish List.

Sitting tight for the "enhancement."  Thanks!

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:08 PM

No harm and maybe some benefit in repeating or amplifying a prior enhancement request. Helpful to Renee if done in the same thread - it's like booting the discussion to the current time frame, should help her find and update, if needed, the original request in her tracking system.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Publisher, Text Page