#1 delichef

delichef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:09 PM

Hi:

I'm new to RootsMagic7, having recently changed over from FTM 2014

In FTM 2014, I had the ability to click on the Fact, Date and Place header to sort them.

This way I could see alphabetically, all the Facts of a particular category listed together. Same with Date and Place.

Am I missing something in RM7, as each of the headers do not sort when clicked.

I've looked in the Help Menu, but can find nothing when I search.

Thanks

delichef

Only the rich never have to seek out their relatives. Proverb.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6369 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

The only place that you can sort by column is People View. If you are thinking the Edit Person screen, it sorts by SortDate, nothing else. 

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 delichef

delichef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:38 PM

TomH

I just looked at the People View. This view is not as user friendly, has no ability to add the Facts or Details columns.

One Click Sorting of Facts, Date and Place headers in the Edit screen, would be much more preferred.

Maybe in future updates?

delichef

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6369 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:10 PM

While People View is not what you want, you can add for each fact type a column for each of the properties enabled: description or value, date, place , place details. And you can sort on any one column. However, you get only one row per person so only one instance of a fact property per person, the first instance in the table for someone with multiples of that fact, independent of the SortDate.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 delichef

delichef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:42 PM

While People View is not what you want, you can add for each fact type a column for each of the properties enabled: description or value, date, place , place details. And you can sort on any one column. However, you get only one row per person so only one instance of a fact property per person, the first instance in the table for someone with multiples of that fact, independent of the SortDate.

TomH

Thanks for the information. I still think RM should be thinking about a One Click sort from either the People page or the Edit Person page. Users would not have to "Add a fact to sort", if the Fact column itself was sort-able.

delichef