22 replies to this topic

#21 mleroux

mleroux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:51 AM

The Forum search results includes a discussion about supplementing the website with a page having links to each individual which would be crawled.

Hummm, wish I had thought of that ... <_<

Marc
Always learning and loving the discovery process. Focusing on the Huntingdon and Soulanges areas of Quebec - O'Connor/Leroux/Walsh/McCann/Savage/Lalonde/Lauzon

#22 mleroux

mleroux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:03 AM

INow that may be because Google knows so much about me that it offers them up. I'm curious if you see them in your results.

It looks like Google likes this forum and crawls it fairly often. I'm still developing my site and have not yet added Google Analytics to it, but I noticed that within 48 hours of posting a link (and the only time/place I posted/distributed a link to the site) in the forum, the entire site had been crawled. This was actually a very good reminder - either don't publish any links to something incomplete, or make sure that the Meta tags for Robots NoFollow are in place

Marc
Always learning and loving the discovery process. Focusing on the Huntingdon and Soulanges areas of Quebec - O'Connor/Leroux/Walsh/McCann/Savage/Lalonde/Lauzon

#23 Don Newcomb

Don Newcomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1045 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:29 AM

I Googled some names in my database and found that the names on the first pedigree chart seem to be searchable but that subsequent, connected charts are not. I think what happens is that the website creates a pedigree chart on demand and then leaves it in "pedigree.html" where it might be searched by a spider before a visitor requests a different one.