• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 delichef

delichef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:03 PM

I'm still getting the following error message when I'm handling media.

RootsMagic.exe - No Disk

X There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive G:

Cancel.  Try Again.  Continue.

I have no G drive and I have removed RootsMagic To-Go. It seems to pop up when Media Properties box appears

Anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks

Delichef

Only the rich never have to seek out their relatives. Proverb.

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

Lists->Media Gallery->Tools->Fix broken media links

-Will fix links to media that were initially on G:\ drive when you first added them, but have now been moved to your local hard drive.

-If it cannot find those files now on your local hard drive and update the links, you'll need to use the search block with a magnifying glass and a red X

-Type G:\ in that block and it should jump to (highlight) a filename (or thumbnail) that will show in the right-hand lower panel the actual original path to that media (when last added from the G: drive)

-Note the filename and click on the Edit Tag button. It will show the tag type and person who the media was originally linked to. Note that too, so you can relink correctly later, if desired. Exit

-Click the Remove Media button. Repeat until all files originally linked from G:\ are removed from Media Gallery. Re-link copies from a local and always present device.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 delichef

delichef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:17 PM

Lists->Media Gallery->Tools->Fix broken media links

kbens0n

I ran the above fix, per your suggestion. I have not seen the error message, but I will advise after using for a couple of days.

Thank you.

delichef

Only the rich never have to seek out their relatives. Proverb.