2 replies to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3407 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:32 PM

Can I just remind Rootsmagic Development that changing the Master Place for any Place Details within Rootsmagic is a pain no one would want to endure. It's fine where the Place Details may only have been used once but not where is is used numerous times. Very easy in SQL but I would say only a very few users go there.

I also sincerely hope that associations for Place Details come in the not too distant future where one can select a Church or Cemetery and simply produce a list of all associated facts without having to prepare a search query. I doubt anyone wants to jump in and out of Place management to find where Place Details are being used.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 pw23

pw23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:31 AM

I wholly agree with Vyger, as a relatively newcomer to RM and having compared other programs, most have the facility of selecting a place detail to produce a list of facts/people associated with that place detail and the function to access those facts/people directly

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8452 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:21 PM

Confirming enhancement request noted in our tracking system.

Renee
RootsMagic