Anscestors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Susan R. Wright_*

Guest_Susan R. Wright_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:25 AM

[FONT=Times][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]

I wish to find information on my great grandmother. Her name was Ella M. Laswell, that i know of. She was married to Dillard Taylor around 1900 to 1905. They had 7 or 8 children, 4 of them being 2 sets of twins. I know all about her descendants, as i am one of them. I am the granddaughter of her only daughter, Hattie virginia Taylor/Day. I know nothing of her life, or anscestors and would like to find something out about her. I was thinking maybe if i could hunt down her middle name, that might help. Does anyone know of this marriage or of this person??? Ella should have been born in Illinois around 1880 to 1883. please, if anyone knows of her i would greatly appreciate it; not only for me, but for my children.
Also, she was dillard's 2nd wife; his first wife was a Lucy ann Cooper.

#2 landbrake

landbrake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:57 PM

These bulletin boards are mostly geared towards specific products (Roots Magic and, to a lesser extent, the discontinued Family Origins), and to the practice of Genealogy in general. You're much less likely to find anyone researching your particular family tree here than on some of the sites devoted to specific genealogies (e.g. Ancestry.com, Genealogy.com, etc.) Some of these sites have extensive bulletin boards that can be searched by family name (and first name, date/place of birth, etc. etc.) where people researching your family names can probably be found. I have also had considerable success just doing a Google search of a name I am interested in. In your case, I submitted "Ella Laswell" (without the quotes) to Google and got over 7000 hits, many of them genealogy related. Perhaps some of these reference your great grandmother.

Good luck, and happy hunting!

- Dave

#3 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:58 AM

Thank you very much

#4 Guest_Ron in Arizona_*

Guest_Ron in Arizona_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:34 AM

I don't know if you will be coming back here to look for responses, and I certainly agree that other forums would be more appropriate places to post such a query, but I wanted to mention that when you post elsewhere, any additional information you can provide would be very helpful: especially if you know the region of the country where these people might have been living at any point in time.

I tried a search on ancestry.com, and I found, in the 1910 US Census for Elixir Twp, Boone, Arkansas, a family that looks like a match -- but this may be something you already know:

Dillard Taylor, white, age 41, born in Illinois, father born in North Carolina; mother born in Kentucy.

His wife is named Ella M., white, age 27, born in Illinois, parents both born in Illinois.

Children:
Clarence L., son, age 8
Lawrence D., son, age 7
Hattie, daughter, age 3

#5 Guest_susan_*

Guest_susan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:29 AM

hello, this is susan and i want to say thankyou for your reply and advise. yes, i already knew about arkansas. i was wanting to know what happened with ella after her dissappearance and about her family. still working on it......now we think she had a home in downieville, california. i have relatives who will be checking that out. if you would like to reply, my email address is ms38rite@aol.com thank you for your help. sincerly, susan