• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Will60S

Will60S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

I was just trying the CountyCheck Explorer in my RootsMagic. version 7. I wanted just to see how it works. I typed my (where I live) county into the search bar. It found it ok. But then I tried to click the 'Online Map' button. When I did, a dialog box popped up saying that the website wants me to enter my username and password.

I did not realize that I had to have an account on the website. There was no link in the dialog box to create an account and I am not exactly sure where the page is at. Is an account required to use the CountyCheck Explorer's online maps?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

I was just trying the CountyCheck Explorer in my RootsMagic. version 7. I wanted just to see how it works. I typed my (where I live) county into the search bar. It found it ok. But then I tried to click the 'Online Map' button. When I did, a dialog box popped up saying that the website wants me to enter my username and password.

I did not realize that I had to have an account on the website. There was no link in the dialog box to create an account and I am not exactly sure where the page is at. Is an account required to use the CountyCheck Explorer's online maps?

http://forums.rootsm...-found/?p=75281

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

Hopefully this is a sign that Newberry Library is getting ready to launch their new prototype.

We anticipate a prototype of the new Atlas in early 2016 and hope to launch the site for researchers in Spring 2016.

Renee
RootsMagic