3 replies to this topic

#1 insertacoin

insertacoin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:49 PM

Hello,

I've just bought RM7 and I've started by doing a full import from FamilySearch - everything worked great!

My reason for buying RM7 was to clean up some of the non-standardised data on FamilySearch (such as names and places). 

I've used the DataClean tool in order to clean up some of the errors - Now I want to be able to send all these amendments back to FamilySearch in order to clean up my tree. I can't seem to find a way to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Rob

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

Hello,

I've just bought RM7 and I've started by doing a full import from FamilySearch - everything worked great!

My reason for buying RM7 was to clean up some of the non-standardised data on FamilySearch (such as names and places). 

I've used the DataClean tool in order to clean up some of the errors - Now I want to be able to send all these amendments back to FamilySearch in order to clean up my tree. I can't seem to find a way to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Bulk entry of data to FSFT is not allowed by Family Search, and so the API that RM uses to pass data to FSFT only allows step by step additions or alterations to the FSFT data. I understand that this limitation is to try to ensure that changes and additions are carefully considered and to try to ensure that you justify any such changes with evidence and appropriate sources.

#3 insertacoin

insertacoin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

This makes the dataclean feature pointless (in my case) as there is no way of knowing which individulas have been corrected. Unless you do one at a time - but you could do that manually anyway.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8412 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:52 PM

I have a custom fact called FSFT that I add to each person as I work on them in FamilySearch. I have "codes" that I use in description fields and notes to place categories on my work with them. Some people use color-coding to get the same effects. In fact I do color-code using the FSFT codes as a search filter to help with specific projects. Usually I am making groups out of these codes. Then I use the top level filter inside the FamilySearch Person Tools index to work on those groups. You get to it by clicking on any of the links off the File>FamilySearch Central screen. The sidebar index will appear. You can change the filters as you need to. Then you can run through people in that list and work on them more easily.

Renee
RootsMagic