8 replies to this topic

#1 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:08 AM

I am trying to get RM onto my Samsung tablet. I have downloaded the app, both the RM program parts, uploaded my file via the apps section in file to Dropbox.When I go to get the file onto the tablet I can only get the grey screen with the green band at the top and the black band at the bottom. No way will it get my file to the screen. What am I doing wrong.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

What version of Android are you running? Do you have the latest RM App installed?  

It might help to uninstall and reinstall the RM App. If you created the Dropbox\Apps\RootsMagic yourself instead of RootsMagic doing it then delete that too. Inside RootsMagic run the File>Database Tools all options in consecutive order to rule out any corruption. Then go to File>Save to Dropbox for Apps to add you database to the correct folder.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:50 AM

What version of Android are you running? Do you have the latest RM App installed?  

It might help to uninstall and reinstall the RM App. If you created the Dropbox\Apps\RootsMagic yourself instead of RootsMagic doing it then delete that too. Inside RootsMagic run the File>Database Tools all options in consecutive order to rule out any corruption. Then go to File>Save to Dropbox for Apps to add you database to the correct folder.

Renee I have the 4.4.4 version of Android on a Samsung tablet.

I have uninstalled the downloads of the RM App, and the RM 2 part programs also.

I went into Dropbox and deleted the previous entry of RM.

I have run CCleaner, the database tools top to bottom.

I have reloaded RM data via file save to dropbox.

I have reloaded the RM app.

I have gone to the app, clicked Dropbox, ok to link dropbox, allowed RM to folder,then reclicked Dropbox and still nothing happening other than grey screen with green band at top with only RM, and black band etc at bottom.

Was it correct when I reclicked dropbox again after ok to link to dropbox??????

About how long does it take to get data on screen for about 110,000 people??????

Not sure what I am missing???

Regards

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:28 AM

I wonder if you device doesn't have enough resources to handle that large of a database. Test using a small database and if it will load.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

I wonder if you device doesn't have enough resources to handle that large of a database. Test using a small database and if it will load.

Colin Larter Renee Zamora I uploaded a file to Dropbox with only one person and the app cannot find it.Could you please answer 2 questions.....when you link to Dropbox, then allow Dropbox and you get the grey screen up again with the green band at the top and black band at the bottom, do you need to click file and click Dropbox again or not???.......also how long should it take to download the file with one person to come up on the screen??

There is still 2.78gb of storage available on tablet

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:04 AM

Looks like this conversation is in two places. I will continue it on the Facebook link since Bruce has started to respond there too.

https://www.facebook...92459384274946/

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:53 PM

Looks like this conversation is in two places. I will continue it on the Facebook link since Bruce has started to respond there too.

https://www.facebook...92459384274946/

Renee Zamora Check that you don't somehow have two different Dropbox accounts. Install the Dropbox app on your device too. Check if the Dropbox\Apps\RootsMagic folder is appearing there after you see it on your desktop.
11040635_122821284719193_407647116337112

Colin Larter Renee Zamora go to the top of the class.....you are a genius. You had the missing piece of the jigsaw by saying download the Dropbox onto the tablet. From now on you are the Guru of RootsMagic. Would you get the person to rewrite the Webinar for downloading RM to tablets as the current one is nothing like what you do.Thanks again Guru of RM. Regards

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

So glad you got it working with that missing piece. I will pass along your suggestion to development. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#9 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

So glad you got it working with that missing piece. I will pass along your suggestion to development. 

Renee Zamora keep up the good work Guru of RM. Thanks again........