• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RootzNShootz740

RootzNShootz740

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:17 PM

Please include Source List under the Lists category in Reports.

I am a brand new RM user coming over from FTM. One of the early things I did was to review available reports, so I could compare them to FTM.

Sourcing is extremely important to me. I was surprised not to find a Source List under Lists. Fortunately, I stumbled across it under All Reports. If List is part of the title, it seems reasonable that the report would appear under Lists. I've heard people say RM doesn't have a Source report. This is clearly not true. It just isn't where a new user would expect to find it.

I know where to find it now, but others may not be so lucky as to stumble upon it.

Thank you.

RootzNShootz740

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3222 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:42 PM

I think it's great to have new eyes on such issues. For many of the reports, there are several ways to get to them. It's therefore perhaps not surprising that one particular pathway that seems like it ought to get you to a particular report, doesn't.

To tell you the truth, I was not at all aware of the particular place you mention where the report you expected to see wasn't there. I always get to sources

via Lists->Sources rather than via Reports->Lists.  But at the same time, I've always been puzzled about the logic of what goes under Lists vs. what goes

under Reports->Lists.

Jerry

#3 RootzNShootz740

RootzNShootz740

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:46 PM

Ahh. I'm so new I hadn't even investigated Lists->Sources enough to realize I could print from there.

Thanks!

RootzNShootz740

RootzNShootz740

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:23 AM

1. Reports, All reports, put the cursor in the right pane, start typing Source.

2. Reports, Research reports, Source list.

3. On the same line to the right there is a search box. Start typing Source. When I had typed Sou the Source list was shown in the Name column.

#5 RootzNShootz740

RootzNShootz740

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:34 AM

Found it. Thank you, Laura.

It seems there are lots of ways to get a Source List successfully. Out of all of them, I managed to pick the one way that didn't work. (Reports, Lists)

Clearly my fellow former FTM users and I have much to learn. I hope we newbies don't drive all you veterans crazy over the next year or so.

RootzNShootz740

#6 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:42 AM

The other way to get to the Master source list screen and therefore, the Print button is to Customize the Toolbar. Add the Source icon.

On the main screen, click on the Source icon and select Source list.

You can also add the Place icon which takes you to the Place list and the Camera icon wnd choose the Media Gallery.

Ask all the questions you need to. I am always learning new things or reminded of things I had forgotten when trying to help answer questions.

Your question reminded me there was some thing I had forgotten about the Reports screen. When I opened the screen, I was reminded of the Search box. We get in to such habits of doing something one way, it is good to be reminded there are other choices.

When Version 8 comes out, we will all be helping each other as it will be a major rewrite.