• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LindaB59

LindaB59

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:10 PM

Fairly new to RM (another FTM refugee).   Usually when I generate a descendant report, I like to have Living persons show up in full detail, which the RM Descendant Report handles okay.   However, sometimes I don't want to include Living persons in a descendant report I may be sharing with someone else.   I cannot see a way to do that.  Any advice?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3489 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:59 PM

Short of editing, after the fact, the .RTF or .TXT file that is generated, there is no accommodation for Living in a descendant report.
-As a workaround, you could drag the people you want in your report to a new database and then alter their Edit Person screen to protect their details (ie. remove facts, change given name to Living or whatever). If you just don't want them to appear, you'd delete them, of course. Then print the report from the temporary database and delete it when done.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

Export a gedcom after marking your choices for Privacy and Extra details (RM specifics).

Import the gedcom into a new database and create the report.