3 replies to this topic

#1 Ron31

Ron31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:28 PM

I have a downloaded copy of a shipping list from 1907 in my Download folder. Is it possible to enter it into the appropriate persons information in RM7 from the download folder in Win10?

Maybe it could be copied right from the web page ine RM7?  Original is from Find My Past.

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:02 AM

Help - Contents - Add Media Item

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3569 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:14 AM

You can add the media item directly from the Download folder, but I don't think you would want to because then your Download folder would become the permanent storage location for your media item. I would think that you would want a more permanent and more organized way to store your media.

And remember that media is not really loaded into RM. All RM stores for media is a pointer to the media item, with the "pointer" being the file name of the item and the folder and subfolders in which it is stored.

When I download a media item, I move it to a more permanent folder location before linking it into RM, and I rename it to follow my naming conventions before linking it into RM.

Jerry

#4 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3407 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

You can add the media item directly from the Download folder, but I don't think you would want to because then your Download folder would become the permanent storage location for your media item. I would think that you would want a more permanent and more organized way to store your media.

You could work from the Download folder and then use "Fix Broken Links" after a more organized folder structure is built.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root