5 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Peacock

Bill Peacock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 03:58 PM

When I clear a address from a person shouldn't it be deleted from the master list of addresses. I have cleared a number of address from individuals and when I print a list of all addresses   they are still on the list and are not linked to anyone. Looks like I will have to go back and delete them again from the master list. 

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:11 PM

You're right. The Clear Address button appears to delete only the link from the Address to the Person and that is probably why the word is Clear, not Delete. There is some logic to that because the same record in the AddressTable could be linked to more than one thing. That said, you would think that if there was only the one link to an address the program would ask if you also want to delete the address. 

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Bill Peacock

Bill Peacock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:39 PM

I do not see any reason that the address's would be keep. I do not see any way of attaching then to anyone.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6268 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

The Address List is a master set of addresses that you can choose from when adding an address for a person. From Help:

Select address from list – This button opens up the address list to select an address. It could  be an address you have already entered, or you can enter a new address and select it.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 Bill Peacock

Bill Peacock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:50 PM

ok, I never had noticed that select address from list button before, thanks

#6 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

Go to Help, Content, Search and type Address in the search box.

There are 3 or 4 articles on Addresses.