• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 opie@ameritech.net

opie@ameritech.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:56 AM

Is there a way (or what is the easiest way) to see recently changed items?  I sometimes get requests from relatives asking, "What updates occurred recently?"  I didn't see a report for that, but I could just be overlooking it.

Thanks,

Rick

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3608 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

Each person has a Date Last Edited field. A good way to see this data is to go into People View and make the Date Last Edited field a column and sort by that column. You can also color code and make groups based on the Date Last Edited field. And you can use the Date Last Edited field to filter when making Custom Reports.

A cautionary note is that the Date Last Edited field is not perfect for your purposes. For example, sometimes the Date Last Edited field can be changed to today's date when you make very trivial changes to a person, or sometimes when you make no changes at all to a person but simply open them up in the Edit Person screen to look at them.  Also, there are global changes you can make to your database as with Search->Search and Replace that update no Date Last Edited fields at all even though a number of people are being changed. The best I remember, you can add, delete, and change citations to a person without changing the Date Last Edited field, and I would suspect that the changes you can make with Find Everywhere do not update the Date Last Edited field.

Jerry

#3 opie@ameritech.net

opie@ameritech.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:44 PM

Thanks, Jerry.

That's what I was looking for. Have a great day.

Cheers,

Rick