6 replies to this topic

#1 Peggy

Peggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

I've added photos before using RM for Mac.  However I'm going through what seems like the right process and nothing is showing up. 

I go to the edit person screen, click on Media, Add new media, locate the file, and nothing shows up. 

I'm perplexed!

Peggy

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8406 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:16 AM

Are you adding the file with the Media Type as Image? If not, then it cannot be treated as an image with a graphic displayed. The Media Type for File, Sound and Video show no graphic and will launch external programs for viewing.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Allen Prunty

Allen Prunty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:24 AM

Renee,

If I were to attach a PDF will it upload to the generated website?  I'm having trouble finding it on my uploaded website.  Is there a way we can display census images full size on the website as it's only showing images that are postage stamp sized with my larger files.

Allen

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8406 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

Right now you cannot upload PDFs, its image files only. The website will reduce images but they shouldn't be postage stamp size. If you republished the website there is an issue with smaller images. You may want to delete your site and publish it again to get the larger images.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Lethdun

Lethdun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:21 PM

Yes, you will get "larger" images. They will not be "full-size" images. Census images will be too small to read.

TomD

It's been real... It's been fun...

#6 JoyfulDancer

JoyfulDancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:20 PM

I am new to RootsMagic for Mac, coming in from FTM and TMG. When I try to add new media (images) it only shows Photo Booth, not my Photo app. What is my alternative to add photos?

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8406 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:44 AM

RootsMagic will link to the images you have on your computer. So you need to know their physical location. Here is a webinar on Media Tagging in RM.

30. New Media Tagging in RootsMagic 5
http://www.rootsmagic.com/webinars/

Renee
RootsMagic