• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 geomouchet

geomouchet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

I would like to do a report of all marriage facts and their sources.  I tried creating a custom report with the various source fields.  Althought the marriage facts show, the source columns are blank.  What am I doing wrong?  I have RootsMagic 7.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5556 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:38 PM

Try Reports > Lists > Fact type list

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2701 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:57 PM

I would like to do a report of all marriage facts and their sources.  I tried creating a custom report with the various source fields.  Althought the marriage facts show, the source columns are blank.  What am I doing wrong?  I have RootsMagic 7.

I'm puzzled about your comment that source columns were blank in a custom report. In my experience, RM's custom reports do not support source information so there can't be any source columns. What is supported by custom reports is facts - fact description fields, fact dates, fact places, and fact notes.

Jerry

#4 geomouchet

geomouchet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:00 PM

Thanks, yes I had tried that one. I can get a list of facts that have sources, but I can't seem to include the actual sources.  By the way, the source fields I am seeing seem to have come from my old Family Tree Maker database, which I imported to Roots Magic several years ago.  Since switching to RootsMagic I've been updating only the RootsMagic source fields and deleting the old FTM ones.

#5 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:29 AM

Copy the database.  I named the copy Marriage sources.

In the copy, go to Lists, Fact type list.  Uncheck Exporting  GEDDOM files for every fact except the Marriage fact.  The only fact to export in a gedcom or in Drag and Drop will be the Marriage fact so the only sources exported will be sources linked to the Marriage fact and sources linked to a Person and Family.

Create a new database and drag and peoples  from the database copy into the new database.

Filter the drag and drop by;
Mark Group:
Everyone in database

Unmark Group:
Marriage source, does not exist

In the new database, create a Source list report.

Choose Print all sources

Choose what information to print in the report.

Check Citation details to include people and the fact each source is linked to.

Personal or Family links for each source will be in the report as well as marriage facts.

If you have a source with only links to Personal or Family with no links to marriage facts, delete that source.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: source, report