4 replies to this topic

#1 SNemmers

SNemmers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

Hello,

I seem to be experiencing an issue where I can't import tree info from FamilySearch. When I start a new tree in RM7, set up the support for FS, and log in I'm able to use the import function once. If I try to come back at another time and use it the box pops up like it's going to work, it says preparing to import, starts importing at self, immediately stops, and the window closes.

I've double checked my login information, restarted the program, restarted my computer, disabled my firewall, but the only way I can ever download from FS is if I make a new tree. However, like I said above, once I do an initial download to populate the tree I can't import again.

If it would help, I would be happy to try and record my screen to better illustrate what's happening.

Thank you

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

I've been testing this and it won't import if I start with someone I previously imported using FamilySearch Central Import. If you go to a end of line person and import it will add their ancestors or descendants to them. You do need to close the FamilySearch Central screen between Imports so the individuals will populate.

If you are seeing something different you can record your screen so I can watch it by opening a support ticket.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 SNemmers

SNemmers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

That's got it working for me.

Thank you for the help.

#4 dgeens

dgeens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:34 AM

I've been testing this and it won't import if I start with someone I previously imported using FamilySearch Central Import. If you go to a end of line person and import it will add their ancestors or descendants to them. You do need to close the FamilySearch Central screen between Imports so the individuals will populate.

If you are seeing something different you can record your screen so I can watch it by opening a support ticket.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

I have a similar problem: I want to start importing from a certain person, but it immediately stops. Does it only work on the end of a line?

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:11 AM

It used to not do that, but it appears now it won't import unless its the end of line person for ancestors, or your doing the descendants of someone. I am reporting this to development. If you want to import the same people again its best to do it in a blank new database and then drag n drop and merge.

Renee
RootsMagic