• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flneelys

flneelys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:44 PM

I keep having the same issues when using the duplicate merge finder.  When trying to merge I get the error Database is locked and its been going on since I bought RM7.  I have the latest updates and have used all the database tools but still get error messages.  Only way I can merge is manually.  I have reinstalled the program and even have it on two different computers and still same issue.

#2 flneelys

flneelys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

I use RM7 with latest updates and still get error 5 database is locked when trying to merge using the duplicate finder.  I have tried everything I have seen on these forums but nothing has helped.  Only way I can merge is manually which defeats the purpose of this software.  It is much easier and faster to manually merge in RM3, tried RM4 but program so slow on a large database and same goes for RM7.  Have gotten no help from RM support about this issue and can see from these forums that a fix is not forthcoming.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8638 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:13 AM

Have you run the File>Database Tools right after opening RootsMagic?

The SQLite Error 5 - database is locked usually means that some other program is accessing your RootsMagic database at the same time. 

Where is your file stored - it is in Dropbox or any cloud storage program?  What computer operating system are you using?

Renee
RootsMagic