• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dyancey1965

dyancey1965

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:03 PM

I love the automatch feature of Rootsmagic - and how it can help find corresponding records in Family Search

but I seem to end up spending hours of time - doing mindless work of "copy to Roots Magic" over and over till my face is blue - to finish what RM7 started.

why cant there be an option to automatically donwload this data to the records in my database??

(specifcally I am focused ln LDS temple data - but seems like the issue eists for all data).

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8244 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:20 AM

Automatch will match people in your database automatically with someone on Family Search.

Import will bring people from FamilySearch into your database. 

There isn't a tool to Match and update the person already in your database. If you wanted everything to be identical to

FamilySearch then you would want to do an Import.

If you are trying to copy changed to FamilySearch then your out of luck. FamilySearch won't allow mass updates. People or facts need to be added one at a time. It's far to dangerous in a community tree to do otherwise. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 dyancey1965

dyancey1965

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

Im just trying to download LDS ordinance data to my local database - - why is it so "blue in the face" tedious??

#4 olefriend

olefriend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:52 AM

Hello, Im a new RM user. I want to download ALL of my family tree from FS, but when I try, it only downloads my direct line. Is there a way to download ALL associated lines, such as spouses lines, etc? It is so confusing and time consuming to look for the missed persons and lines. Thanks. David

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8244 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:01 AM

FamilySearch is one big collaborate tree so there isn't anyway to download just your tree, especially if your wanted to include "all associated lines".  Ancestors will be your direct ancestors and not spouses of your ancestors. Descendants will include all the spouses of the descendants but not the spouse's spouses. You will need to add additional spouses one at a time off the share data screen if you want those associated lines. 

Renee
RootsMagic