• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Otis4th

Otis4th

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:58 AM

In the RootsMagic Preview screen of many reports there is an opportunity to copy the page of the report to the clipboard by clickng the COPY (A/A) icon in the upper left corner area of the screen. This works fine when later pasting to Word for Windows, for example, but I cannot paste directly into the body of an Outlook Express email message.

Any ideas or suggestions or comments?

One can save the report into a RTF and/or PDF file and then open, copy to clipboard, and then paste to the email message; however, direct copy and paste to email would be nice.

Using WinsXP, SP2.

Thanks,
Otis

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 01:49 PM

You will have to send the report to a text file and copy it from there to paste it directly into an email.

When you copy the screen/printer output you normally see, it is copied as an "Enhanced MetaFile" which seems to be another word for some kind of a graphic file. It is pasted into Word as a picture, not text, and you only get ONE page at a time.

The PDF file would work to send as an attachment to an email, or you could copy some of the text from the PDF file while viewing it in Adobie's Acrobat Reader and then paste that into an email.

Alfred

#3 AlexKrenvalk

AlexKrenvalk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:44 AM

You will have to send the report to a text file and copy it from there to paste it directly into an email.

When you copy the screen/printer output you normally see, it is copied as an "Enhanced MetaFile" which seems to be another word for some kind of a graphic file. It is pasted into Word as a picture, not text, and you only get ONE page at a time.

The PDF file would work to send as an attachment to an email, or you could copy some of the text from the PDF file while viewing it in Adobie's Acrobat Reader and then paste that into an email.

There are a lot of tool in my PC.But some days ago I had the unpleasant situation and no one of it couldn't help me.Fortunately in the google I found-outlook express mail recover.Software showed how it can decides problems with corrupted mails.Moreover utiltiy made it for free and demonstrated how it can work with very large files of dbx format and process them in a batch mode.

#4 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:11 AM

In the RootsMagic Preview screen of many reports there is an opportunity to copy the page of the report to the clipboard by clickng the COPY (A/A) icon in the upper left corner area of the screen. This works fine when later pasting to Word for Windows, for example, but I cannot paste directly into the body of an Outlook Express email message.

As Alfred mentions, when you use that <Copy> button you are getting an .EMF (enhanced metafile format) graphic file.
You can typically paste it into almost any graphics program, then save the image file (in a graphics format of your choosing) to your hard drive and later attach it to an email (instead of trying to embed it in the body of the message).
The benefit of an .EMF file is that it scales well (clearly) when resized to larger/smaller sizes by zooming (in programs that support .EMF) .
You can even paste them into Window's own WordPad or the Microsoft Word family (as well as many other word processors and desktop publishing software).
The secret in WordPad or Word (and many others) is that there are two ways to paste. Paste or Paste Special. Paste Special preserves it as an .EMF file (for the zoom capability) or Paste which then is saved as a graphic according to the preferred settings of the program (ie. .JPG, .PNG, .BMP or whatever).

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#5 AlexKrenvalk

AlexKrenvalk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

One can save the report into a RTF and/or PDF file and then open, copy to clipboard, and then paste to the email message; however, direct copy and paste to email would be nice.

Using WinsXP, SP2.

Thanks,
Otis

Today I received an emails. It was especial email to my mind. Because it was from my first school teacher. But unfortunately I couldn't get it. I was discouraged and absolutely accidentally in the Internet and found there - lost folders outlook express. It resoled my trouble quite rapidly and for free as far as I bore in mind. I was very glad to work with it.

#6 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

ATTN: forum admins

AlexKrenvalk is merely an account for posting link spam.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#7 SusmitaShen

SusmitaShen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

HI guy

I feel to same answer to your question. its is really informative post. I hope that I can get this information.

thanks

#8 AlexKrenvalk

AlexKrenvalk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:06 AM

Using WinsXP, SP2.

Thanks,
Otis

For me emails are very important,because almost every day I talk with my relatives. Yesterday I received couple messages from my sister,but to my bad fortune I couldn't read it. Later,I understood that its were damaged. Unexpectedly I saw in the Internet an unusual software - repairing outlook express inbox. The tool amazed me,because of it solved my problem for seconds and as far as I remember for free. I advised it for my friends and relatives too.