1 reply to this topic

#1 Sparro

Sparro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:54 PM

Good morning RootsMagic Team

I have discovered a bug with the Calendar report and here are the details.

I have a couple (Samantha Jane Gibney and Daniel Robert Le Leivre) who are not married and have three children. I have not created a marriage event for them and I have changed the "husband label" and "wife label" to partner.

The problem with the calendar report is this:
I nominate a group of people. When I select "Use married names for females" and elect to show events for Birthdays and Anniversaries, this woman's surname is shown as her partners. As they do not have a marriage event there is no anniversary date. However, on her birthday she is listed as Samantha Jane Le Leivre.

If I unlink her partner and leave her children attached to her she appears as Samantha Jane with no surname.

The only way I have been able to resolve this is to unlink her partner and children so that she appears in the database as a single, childless woman. When I do this she is listed on her birthdate as Samantha Jane Gibney. It is only due to the partner and her children being included in the group that they will appear in the calendar on their birthdates.

Forwarded for your information and attention.
Steve

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8414 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:02 PM

Confirming issue noted in our tracking system.

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Calendar report, married names, unlink partner