8 replies to this topic

#1 Lethdun

Lethdun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

I know this has probably been asked before, but I just can't find the answer.

Can the image size on a web page be enlarged -- at least to 100%? E.g., the image of an actual census page is attached to the Census Fact. Once it is uploaded to the website, click on the Person, then click the little camera icon. What appears is a greatly reduced, illegible image with no visible means to make it larger. It isn't the thumbnail image, but it certainly isn't a usable census image either.

TomD

It's been real... It's been fun...

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:28 AM

Confirming that is an enhancement request in our tracking system. Right now the size is reduced with no options, due to space constraints on our websites. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 dsheridan

dsheridan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:45 PM

Is there still a size limit to the websites we load? I saw on the RM6 webinar a size limit of 50MB. When I've been updating my website, I noticed my later pictures are all thumbnails when viewed on the website and I'm thinking now maybe this is why.  Earlier pictures are fine, but ones I've added have been resized.

I think I was using an RM6 style website but when I try to use the RM7 method it still ends up the same (actually the RM7 way says the database is too large to upload).  The folder properties for my website data folder indicate "size" as 26.9MB and "size on disk" as 59.6MB 

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:07 AM

I just tested the republish of a website today and can see that the images are now smaller. I reported this to development. The size should be like it was originally published. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 pjm68

pjm68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hi there, is there a date for the release of this fix? It is rather frustrating when trying to show relatives the family tree and all they can see is the postage stamps that are the media images. Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

Kind regards, Peter

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:31 PM

Sorry, we don't confirm time frames. People get to upset when we don't meet the deadline. Things simply cannot be released until all the bugs are ironed out.

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 gerwally

gerwally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:05 AM

If I understand this correctly, pictures were the correct size when originally uploaded to Publish Online.  Then they become much smaller when the website is updated.  This is not a request for a new feature to be added to RM.  It is something that was working before that is not working now.  Surely if all the work that is being done for FTM owners so they can transfer their files to RM, existing owners of RM should be able to get something fixed that was working before.

#8 pjm68

pjm68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:49 AM

Hi Renee, thanks for you reply. I would suggest that there is more frustration with the functionality not working rather than you missing published deadlines. For me, and other ex FTM users, publishing trees online is a major requirement. 

I have no issue with you slipping deadlines - as a software developer myself I know this happens - but can we at least get an idea if it will be sorted within Q1 2016, Q2? Q3? Is there a bug tracking page with status updates that we can check?

I am starting to get to grips with RM now and I'm liking the program but it will be no better than FTM being unsupported in the future if we don't know what will be fixed and when.

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:25 PM

Sorry, but I can't even estimate a time frame. We do not publish our bug or enhancement lists.

Renee
RootsMagic