6 replies to this topic

#1 jonmira

jonmira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:51 PM

I have just installed version 7, and I have problem with the FamilySearch feature. When I click on the on a FamilySearch  icon and I log into my FamilySearch account, I get "invalid login." However, when go to the FamilySearch Website, I have no problem signing in. In addition, the "Enable FamilySearch Support" is checked.

Appreciate any help.

John

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:41 PM

If you installed from a CD make sure you have the latest update since then. Go to Help>About RootsMagic and it should be 7.0.7.0.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 jonmira

jonmira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:06 PM

Renee,

Thanks for you help; I had to update RootsMagic---no problems anymore.

Regards,

John

#4 Emeric

Emeric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:43 AM

Hello,

I have a similar problem but after installing the lastest update... I use version 6.3.3.2. Just after installing this update, impossible to connect to FS, is says my login is invalid but I can connect with no problems online...

Any help would be appreciated :)

Emeric

#5 mjashby

mjashby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:59 PM

See this link for an explanation of the problem and options: http://forums.rootsm...ions-available/

MJA

"A Mac User with Windows Tendencies"

#6 ullamariapoulsen

ullamariapoulsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:54 AM

Like Emeric I'm using 6.3.3.2

I tried to download the free RMEssential but what i get is the free RM7 which means that I both cannot open my bought RM6 at all and that there is no icon to family search either.

Having been called as genealogy consultant in my branch this is not so good.

Please help me

ullamariapoulsen

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:29 AM

You may have the latest update to RootsMagic 6 but it still won't work with FamilySearch. You need version 7.0.7.0 to do so, due to changes FamilySearch made to the FT API login procedure.

If you don't want to upgrade you can install both RootsMagic 6 and RootsMagic 7 Essentials on the same computer. RootsMagic Essential is going to give your version 7. The file format between RM6 & RM7 is the same, that means you can open the same database in either version. Just don't have it open in both versions at the same time. Once its open in RM7 close the database and then open in RM6 with no issues.

If the FamilySearch icon is missing you can turn it back on.

Go to Tools>File Options>FamilySearch and check the box "Enable FamilySearch Support".

If you need to turn on the LDS ordinances then go to Tools>File Options>General>check the box "LDS Support".

Renee
RootsMagic