5 replies to this topic

#1 DerickH

DerickH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:31 AM

For some reason, after database imports, the marriage fact was omitted when there is no marriage date or place. After running a narrative report, the omitted spouse appears but no mention is made regarding their marriage. Is there an easy was to connect spouses with just a simple marriage fact?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8414 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:38 AM

It all depends on how you imported the spouses. If you add one person at a time it won't include any family facts like marriage they are connected to, unless you selected to add the spouse too. With a drag n drop you need to say you want the person and 1 generation of descendants for it to include the spouse. 

If you did the descendants of an ancestor you need to include spouses to get have them included.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 DerickH

DerickH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:50 AM

Quite some time ago, I imported a FTM GEDCOM that had spouses connected. The result was that none of the connection were evident in RM. I have had to make the connection as I find them. When I run a narrative, the missing connection is evident and I go back and individually make the connection (tedious process). I was hoping that there was some quick and easy way I could accomplish this task. If you can stop laughing long enough, maybe you can come up with a fix.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6218 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

You mean that spouses in the FTM database are no longer spouses in RM after the import? That seems unlikely unless you imported people one at a time. I cannot think of any way to relink them programmatically.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

If RootsMagic has any issues during GEDCOM import, it always creates a file with the parts of the GEDCOM it could not interpret correctly

{name of the GEDCOM file}.LST

either in the folder where the GEDCOM is or the database it creates (can't remember which offhand)

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6218 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:26 PM

If memory serves, Ancestry has two marriage fact types, one of which is not imported by RootsMagic. It is a marriage fact for an individual as opposed to a couple which RM imports to its standard Marriage family-type fact. Which one Ancestry creates seems to depend on how it was created or from what source type it was generated.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.