Photo

Family Search Person tool needing login??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ashaka

Ashaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

I'm using a valid version of RM 6 and have never encountered any problems until now.  When clicking on the Family Search Person tool I'm prompted with a sign on form FamilySearch Family Tree Sign On.  I've never been prompted with this. 

Now, I've got an account in FamilySearch.org and was signed in at the time, so I simply used my existing user name and password.  That wasn't considered valid.  So, tried it again - 3 more times.  Then thought maybe I needed to have a different user name, so selected the option to create a new user.  Even when I had a new user account, it still would not acknowledge the sign on.

What's going on? Any help much appreciated!

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

http://forums.rootsm...ions-available/

If you are running RootsMagic 6

On July 30, 2015, all versions of RootsMagic 6 will stop working with FamilySearch Family Tree. If you wish to continue working with FamilySearch through RootsMagic, you have 2 options:
1.Order the upgrade to RootsMagic 7 at http://rootsmagic.co...ore/RootsMagic/
2.Download the free RootsMagic 7 Essentials and install it (leave your RM6 installed as well). RootsMagic 6 and 7 have the same file format, so you can switch back and forth between them with your same database. You can use all the features in your paid RM6, and use RM7 Essentials when you need to work with FamilySearch Family Tree.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Ashaka

Ashaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for you help .... I wish I didn't have to purchase another version of it in order to use everything I had already paid for.  Maybe they should just switch to annual licenses if customers are going to have to pay again and again anyways.

#4 MansfieldTerrier

MansfieldTerrier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:19 AM

Thanks for you help .... I wish I didn't have to purchase another version of it in order to use everything I had already paid for.  Maybe they should just switch to annual licenses if customers are going to have to pay again and again anyways.

Yup.

Stuffed again. :(

MT ;)

Looking for Pashby, Bird, Sedman, Sutton and Dobson in Scarborough, UK