4 replies to this topic

#1 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5556 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

No matter which database, if I tap on someone in the Descendant view, the app crashes. Using iOS 7 on iPad 2, 16GB.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:12 AM

No matter which database, if I tap on someone in the Descendant view, the app crashes. Using iOS 7 on iPad 2, 16GB.

This seems to work just fine on an iPad3 with 16GB and IOS 8.4.1. Could be an IOS level issue? Perhaps others could try to see if we can refine the problem environment.

Edit: also OK on an iPad2 with 32GB and IOS 8.4.1.

Edited by J P, 05 September 2015 - 01:14 AM.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5556 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

I have not upgraded from ios 7 because of the space crunch and concern (corroborated by others) that performance would be sluggish on my ipad 2.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:36 AM

I have not upgraded from ios 7 because of the space crunch and concern (corroborated by others) that performance would be sluggish on my ipad 2.

The space to upgrade on a 16GB model was an issue - had to do via iTunes. Performance on the iPad2 seems fine in my case. IOS9, when available, is said to solve the upgrade space problem, but given that RM seems to have at least this one problem that applies to IOS7 but apparently not IOS8, then it could well have problems with IOS9 as well. That will no doubt be answered within the next month or so.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7303 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:31 AM

Confirming issue submitted to developer.

Renee
RootsMagic