• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Linda JB

Linda JB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

When transferring ordinance dates from FS to RM the parent sealing information isn't copying across the screen from FS to RM.  The information does appear in the person's facts, but just doesn't show on the RM side of the FS ordinances tab screen.  It used to work just fine.

Also, a wish item.  It would be great if on the Edit Person screen the LDS ordinance facts were separated from the other facts by a blank or colored space.  It would also be nice if the facts appeared in the same order all the time: B, C, I, E, SP, SS.  Alphabetically LDS Bapt is before LDS Conf but they always appear swapped even when the dates are the same for both of them.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

I suspect that you have a blank Sealing to Parent fact that is marked primary. When you copy a new one from FamilySearch it won't replace the one marked Primary. That is why you are not seeing it on that screen. If you go back into the Edit Person screen and delete the blank one, or mark the one with the date Primary it will now show up on the Ordinance Tab in the FamilySearch Tools.

If you click on the LDS Fact button on the Edit Person screen you will see all the ordinances in their proper order. In the time line part of the Edit Person screen you have control over the placement. To sort fact correctly with the same date add a -1, -2 after the date in the Sort Date field.

LDS Bapt - 24 May 1998-1

LDS Conf - 24 May 1998-2

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Linda JB

Linda JB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

All of my ordinances that I submit are initially marked in the Status field as "submitted".  All of the other ordinances copy over from FamilySearch just fine when I am on the FamilySearch Person Tools page at the Ordinances tab.  Only the Seal Parents doesn't show as copied on the screen.  It doesn't change at all when I click 'Copy to RootsMagic'.  It does, however, show up on the person's facts when I go back there.  I do not manually mark any facts as 'Primary'.

I know I can change the sorting of the LDS ordinance facts by altering the date in the Sort Date field, but I'd rather not have to do that manually for every name.  It would be nice if they sorted properly without having to make changes.  Yes, the LDS Facts button shows everything in the correct order, but I often use the Edit Person screen because when I copy dates over from FamilySearch I end up with duplicate fields for everything - one fact for each ordinance that I've marked as submitted and one fact for every ordinance that I've copied over from FamilySearch.  The clean up of the duplicates would be easier if they appeared in a specific order.

BTW I've been a user since the first version of Family Origins and have "sold" more copies of the programs than I can count over the years.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8457 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

I did test what you where saying with the setting for Submitted already there. Which does add a primary fact for all those ordinances marked that way. When you add a new ordinances fact it will mark the new one sent over to RM as primary. That is why it's displaying in the view. Except, for the sealing to parent, the old submitted one is still left primary. I have noted that behavior in our tracking system, so it is consistent.

On the Edit Person screen you will now have two facts for every ordinances. One with the status Submitted and the other with the actual date. RootsMagic through the FT API will never write over or replace ordinances you already have in the database. There just isn't a smooth way for us to do that, especially with multiple sets of parents and spouses. We can only add a new fact.

I personally don't use the old statuses any more for that very reason. I don't want to delete 6 different ordinances afterwards. What I did instead was created a custom fact called FSFT and in the description field I mark what I have done with those ordinances using a system of codes I made up. In the notes I record who has a card, etc. I started to use the date field now that we have a two year limit on reservations. This way I can customize the People View and have the FSFT date field showing, then sort to see who's work I need to hurry and get done. I can also create groups based on "codes" I have on my FSFT fact, In the People View I can display just those people. On the FamilySearch Person Tools sidebar index the top level filter can be set to those groups too. It's a lot more flexible than the old status codes from Temple Ready that are not even searchable.

As for forcing controls on the sort dates in the Edit Person screen that's an enhancement request in our tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic