• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BurghRoots

BurghRoots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:57 AM

I am trying to create a sentence for a person who is living with someone else at the time of a census. I want it to say:

Jane Doe lived with John Smith in 1930 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio. 

Here is the template: [ThisPerson] lived with [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.

But the sentence I get is:

Jane Doe lived with John Smih.

What am I doing wrong?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6083 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:25 AM

I don't see anything wrong with your sentence template. Question is whether it is the sentence template for the role that Jane Doe has in the shared fact. Or have you customised the sentence template for this person in the Edit Person dialog?

Open Edit Person on Jane Doe and select the shared Census or Residence fact that you are having the problem with. Click on Customise Sentence. Change the sentence template to what you posted. Should work.

Alternatively, in the Customize Sentence dialog from above, click "Reset to default". If that sentence template is not what you want as the default, then close Edit Person and goto:

Lists > Fact Type List > select the fact type used by Jane Doe > Edit > select the role used by Jane Doe > Edit role > revise the sentence template for this role 

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 BurghRoots

BurghRoots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:40 AM

I have the template in the Fact Type of Census under Family Member (which I renamed from witness.) I don't want to change it just in Jane Doe's edit screen, since I want all similar facts to read the same.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6083 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

Go back to Edit Person, make sure the person has been assigned the correct role, click on Customize Sentence and then Reset to Default. The custom sentence you created for Family Member should now apply.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 BurghRoots

BurghRoots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:11 AM

When I print now it's fixed. Thanks.