• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie Wanderer

Aussie Wanderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

Hi all, only new to the forum here but I have some questions about Media in RM 7.

I have been asked for a copy of all photos that I have tagged in my Family Tree. I have about 4000 people in my tree (mostly from a book that was published in 2006) but I only have media for about 50 people.

Is there a way to do a report of all media (photos) in my file?

This could be sorted by person tagged.

Or

Is there a way to print a list of all media in any Descendant or Ancestor group?

I see there is an option to print for a PERSON or a FAMILY in the 'Print a Scrapbook' report, but I can only get the PERSON report to work at this stage. Any assistance with this would also be appreciated.

Thanks for any assistance :)

Kind regards

Bruce

Australia

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6145 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:02 AM

Reports > Lists > Multimedia List has the options you want except it does not print the images, just the path.

One could use an outboard SQLite query with an appropriate SQLite manager to get a list with snapshots, e.g., this Media List Query.

You could save the Multimedia List report to a text file and manipulate it with Excel to build a report with image snaps.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:57 AM

Family prints the media tagged to spouses on the Edit person screen. Open one of the spouse's Edit person screen. Open the Media album on the line for the Spouse and link the media.

To print all scrapbooks:
Add each scrapbook to the Publisher report and print the report or save it to .pdf. You might even want to add other reports, Narrarive, Family Group Sheets, etc.

To give them the actual photo files:
Create a Shareable CD for everyone and all photos. Shareable CD creates a folder of Photos. Save it to the hard drive instead of burning it. Take note of where RM is saving it. Burn the Shareable CD to a CD or DVD or copy the Shareable CD folder to a jump drive. Give the other person the Shareable CD if they use a PC or just the Photo folder.

Or, create a backup with media. Photos are also put into one Photo folder. Give the other person the backup if they use RootsMagic Essentials or the full RootsMagic. Or just give them the Photos folder.

Or, copy the photo folders im Windows Explorer to a jump drive.

Give them a multimedia list report also.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8314 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:54 AM

Another option since you actually want to share all the media with someone is to create a backup with media.

You could create the backup with the media option checked and then File>Restore that backup in a different folder than you main database is in. Inside that folder will be a Media folder. It will include everything that was linked inside of RootsMagic. You can then share the complete folder with someone else.  

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Aussie Wanderer

Aussie Wanderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

I will try those solutions to print all photos.

Does anyone else have an issue with the RM Scrapbook when trying to print the FAMILY option?

Example

If I go to ... Reports > Scrapbook

If I select a family Member with the PERSON option .... report has 22 photos

If I then select the FAMILY option (radio button on left of popup) with the same family Member. RM clearly shows the immediate family Members - father is same person as previous report with mother and 8 children (all of which have individual photos) ... but report has no photos.

Sorry if this is because I am doing something wrong.

Thanks again for your assistance :)

Bruce

#6 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

Open the Edit person screen for the person with the 22 photos.

Click on the Media column on the same line as the Spouse to open the couple's Media Album.

Add a photo to this Media Album.

Photos linked in the couple's Media Album are the photos that are printed in a Family scrapbook.  If you want a photo to print in the Family scrapbook, you have to link it to the couple's family Media Album.

Go to Scrapbook and print a Family scrapbook for this couple to see the linked photo.