22 replies to this topic

#21 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:45 PM

Here's some viable choices. Look them over to see if any seem to meet your needs:

http://download.cnet...gedcom-to-html/

#22 Trebor22

Trebor22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:08 AM

Bob, will you share with us the name of the 'stand alone' program you use to create your website?

TomD

Personally I think its better for folk to look at all the stand alone web generators and choose one to suit their needs rather than focusing on my choices! However up to recently I have been using GedMill, for me a good choice when it was 'new' however its rather long in the tooth now and unsupported (although it is now free). Been looking at other options (including Rootsmagic), there are plenty of good choices out there, as time permits over the Christmas hols I plan to try a site using HuMo-gen - currently top of my 'short list'

Hope that helps :-)

Bob

#23 Norman Law

Norman Law

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:32 AM

Browsing and searching the forums to find the answer to the problem of browsers not displaying the new (Rootmagic 6) style .xml generated websites and came across this thread.

Thank you Bob (Trebor22) for the name HuMo-Gen. I had never heard of this program and took a look.

I have my own website and have previously integrated Rootsmagic's output into my site. It offers no security so I "privatise" the data before uploading the output to my site. HuMo-Gen offers security and allows casual browsers to see the data and also allows password protected "family" logins that can see more.

For those interested the current (Rootsmagic) output can be found here and the HuMo-Gen output here.

Norman