I am nowhere near tech savvy so not sure how all this will work. I have an ancestry.com account but, with Windows 10 and Edge, I cannot use the FTM program and have been looking for another. I think I will like Roots Magic but have some questions.
1. Do I still need to pay the monthly/yearly charge to search ancestry.com thru Roots Magic or can I cancel my sub to ancestry.com? Are there other sites that offer the same info as ancestry.com?
2. Can I upload what I've already started on ancestry.com to Roots Magic or do I need to start over?
3. Can I attach facts/media such as info from Find a Grave to an individual on Roots Magic?
4. Does Roots Magic have a "hint" system like ancestry does or do I need to search for facts on each individual person?
5. If I upload a Roots Magic tree to ancestry will all the facts/media upload also? If I make changes can I sync the 2 trees or do I have to manually make changes to both?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions.