• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 upnorth

upnorth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:52 AM

I am using RootsMagic 7.0.6.0, Windows 8.1 and Word 2013. I can neither print or view an acceptable pedigree chart - lines overlap. I have tried everything from changing the font size to adjusting margins etc. Strangley, the viewer shows I have selected 'portrait' but it shows and prints 'landscape'! This is the only report that has this problem. 

I was told that RM works only with Word so I purposely purchased a copy. I do have and use LibreOffice but Word is set as the default program on my computer. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3608 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:00 AM

Which "viewer" shows portrait but prints in landscape- in Word or in RM?

In my experience, most RM reports require a little tweaking with Word to produce acceptable output, but RM's Pedigree Charts usually print pretty well for me directly from RM. Have you tried printing both directly from RM and also from Word? It's hard to tell from your description of the problem whether the problem is in RM, Word, or maybe even in Windows.

Jerry

#3 upnorth

upnorth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:40 AM

I have had this problem before when I used LibreOffice but it disappeared when I installed Word. Now I have a new computer, operating system and recent version of Word and it is back again.

I am a user of RM just as it comes from the CD or download. I don't find it necessary to change anything. I find it works well for whatever report or use I need  .

In Report Settings, Page Layout: when selecting portrait, it shows landscape but prints portrait. The reverse happens if I select landscape.

The viewer shows the overlapping events and header and footer. Changing the margins, fonts and layout does not solve the problem. 

Changing the settings in my printer program doesn't help - I still get the opposite of what I want. 

Saving the report to Word results in the orientation I want but it still prints and shows as a mess - overlapping lines, no margins etc.

Word and RM operate fine together with other reports but mess up a pedigree report every time. This is the same problem I had when using LibreOffice as my default computer program. 

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

On the Pedigree Report Settings click on the Layout button. In the lower left corner click the "Reset" button. 

Renee
RootsMagic