• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pmruzicka

pmruzicka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

I don't know how to fix this error. I somehow have sets of parents listed as great grandparents. Parent and great grandparent are the same person. I am not even sure if I am stating this correctly. I would attach a picture but can't figure out if that is even possible. If I unlink or delete, the peron disappears from the place it belongs in the tree. Is there a way to just delete parents? Tried that but program tells me I can only delete a Fact. I am so lost here. Can anyone help me? Or do I have to delete them and add the entire section of the tree again?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8470 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:14 PM

Looks like you also posted this on the RootsMagic Users Facebook group.  Here is my reply.

In the Family View display John Redech-386 & Christine Pekurney-387 as the parents. Then right click on child John Redecha-337 and select Unlink>From Parents. Then it will confirm "Unlink from Parents" with the family showing on the screen. If I don't have it figured out which are the wrong parents then switch the couples and then unlink the wrong child from them.

Once you unlink the child from the wrong parents you can find the correct parents and display them in the Family View. Then go to Add>Child and use "select existing person" to get in the correct family.

Renee
RootsMagic