For some reasons, photos and other images that I've recently scanned keep disappearing out of my media folder. Fortunately, I'm running a backup that copies files to a USB drive and was able to get most back.
I searched to see if this issue could be caused by clicking 'remove media' in the database. According to what I found, that should not cause my issue.
However, I am fairly certain that I clicked on remove media for at least one of these photos yesterday.
Is it possible that my action removed the photo from my hard drive? If not, are there any ideas of what could be the issue?
- Windows 7
- Roots Magic 7
- I'm new to RM and probably making mistakes in how I'm adding / removing pictures.
- The folder options are set to use the same image folders as my Master Genealogist installation uses. (I'm not adding/removing media from individuals in Master Genealogist.)
- I'm trying to go paperless in a world with LOTS of paper documents and photo albums. Thus, I'm doing a LOT of scanning.
- I ran chkdsk and other diagnostic tools last week when it first happened and no major hard drive errors were found.
- I defragmented my hard drive last week.
- When it happened last week, I concluded that I needed to use the full path to the folders/files instead of the link in my 'Libraries'. Yesterday, I'm fairly certain I was using the link in my 'Libraries'