lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:49 AM

When I download details from FS I am getting a message

Error HTTP/1.1 403 Permission denied

When you try to download the parents, the spouse or a child this happens.

When you click ok in the message, it completes the download for that parent, spouse or child but the same happens with the next child. What could be causing this???

#2 ennoborg

ennoborg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:39 AM

FamilySearch makes several software changes a day, so it looks like they are causing this. I don't get errors in Ancestral Quest, so it looks like RootsMagic is retrieving information in another way, which worked, but suddenly doesn't.

Can you see details about the error? I can't enlarge the error window here, but it might help if someone can retrieve the full error text, and send that to FamilySearch for an answer.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8406 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

I'm not having an issue downloading family members. Are you using the FamilySearch Person Tools and moving them to RootsMagic off the Share Data tab?

Might be a problem with the individuals actually on Family Tree. Can you give me the FamilySearch ID of someone to test this on. I will then move their spouse and children over to RootsMagic to test it.

It could have also been a temporary issue. Late last night I was using the FamilySearch Tools in RootsMagic and I could see the website was getting really unstable so I just went to bed, figuring it would clear up by morning.

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:27 AM

I'm not having an issue downloading family members. Are you using the FamilySearch Person Tools and moving them to RootsMagic off the Share Data tab?

Might be a problem with the individuals actually on Family Tree. Can you give me the FamilySearch ID of someone to test this on. I will then move their spouse and children over to RootsMagic to test it.

It could have also been a temporary issue. Late last night I was using the FamilySearch Tools in RootsMagic and I could see the website was getting really unstable so I just went to bed, figuring it would clear up by morning.

Renee looks like it was something going on at FS at the time, as it has not happened again since.

Regards