2 replies to this topic

#1 Taoh

Taoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:20 AM

Hi

Anybody know of anyway of adding custom info to an rmgc file.I'm thinking of making RM the standard for storing the Ancestor Charts submitted to our FHS.

However to do this correctly I need to either keep different versions of a persons RMGC OR note in the file the original date and the dates of any updates applied to that file.

The max version I've seen so far are 6 and the norm appears to be about 3,so the ability to note 10 changes would be sufficient. I could just be a memo type space.

T.I.A.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

I'm not really sure if I'm following what you are wanting to do. The max 6 or norm 3 lost me.  If you want to create a custom fact to track various things you can. If you don't want to share them there are options in the Fact Type list to turn off the input at various times, ie GEDCOM, Publish Online, FGS, and different Reports and Lists.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

Create a Individual user defined fact, Revised.  Enable the date and possibly the description field.  Choose where you want the fact included.  Enter the fact default sentence for the Principal.

Link the fact to a person when a  change is made to that person's record.  Enter the date.  Enter the particulars in the note.  Link the fact each time a correction is made or link the fact once and put the dates and particulars about all changes in the note for the one fact.  Mark the fact Private as you wish.

To track revisions to the database as a whole, create a dummy person with surname, ZZ Database updates.  Link the Revised fact to that person to track revisions pertaining to the whole database.