7 replies to this topic

#1 Del Chausse

Del Chausse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

Hello,

I am unsure as to how to word my question.

I have an individual that was not married to the father of several children.  When printing a report the report states that the couple were married.

Is there any way out of this delima?

Del

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

You do NOT have to include a marriage event for a couple with children. The couple will show in Family View as Father and Mother, and there will be no mention of a marriage in a Narrative report.

#3 Del Chausse

Del Chausse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but that is not how it is showing up on my narrative report.  I have no marrage fact listed but only that they have children, but it reads, Mike John Smid married Millie.....

Any suggestions for what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks,

Del

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

I tested this and if you don't have a marriage fact it won't say they were married. It just says they had the following children. Check to see if you have a blank marriage fact for the couple that could be causing this issue.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:09 AM

I have a database with many couples with no Marriage fact, and one or more children. I looked at narrative reports for the child's Ancestors and the couple's Descendants. Neither report mentioned a marriage, but both did have a statement that "James Hardacre and Emily Stonewall had the following child:" (These aren't actually names in my database.)

1. What report are you looking at?

2. Did you create a Marriage fact without a date? If so, just delete that fact - it won't affect the link between the couple or the link to the child.

#6 Del Chausse

Del Chausse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

Hello~

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was able to eliminate 2 of my problem marriages using the suggestion listed above.

Now, I have Jake married to Jane, in the narrative report.

No marriage facts for this are listed couple.  I unlinked and then relinked as mother of child, but still it shows as married when printing narrative report..

I unlinked the first person show as Jake's wife and now it shows that they were the parents of Hank,  but does not list them as married.

It is a mystery to me as to why this same method cannot be duplicated.

Thanks...for your help.

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

You can open a support ticket and include a backup of your database with it. Let us know which couple to look at so we can test it.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 Don Newcomb

Don Newcomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1045 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

Make sure that you have not entered either of them twice. Check both his and her records for the marriage fact.