2 replies to this topic

#1 John Ferrari

John Ferrari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:26 PM

Hello

I wanting to create a family tree like the example. I have tried Wall Cart and Pedigree Chart but I do not like the results. It is too large to put on a normal size paper. Also, when I select the six generation chart it starts with the root person and assumes you are wanting to go back six generations from there. However I want to root person to be the start person and all of his descendants will show. So the example below I want my root person and his wife to be on the top box and the generations to follow will be on the next boxes showing how the are related. Can any one help me with this?

John Ferrari

Trees%20planted_zpsucrovube.jpg

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1505 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:45 PM

If you want multiple generations of descendants to show on a letter-size sheet, you're going to need to se a rather small font.

Have you considered creating a Wall Chart of the descendants of your starting couple, then reducing the size in an image-processing program? I'd use Photoshop, because I like the way it preserves image details (and it's on my computer), but I'm sure there are other programs that could do the job.

#3 VirginiaBl

VirginiaBl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:23 AM

Try a Descendant wall chart in the left to right orientation.  The examples in the link below are all on letter-size paper.

http://www.screencas...ts Magic Charts

Virginia