#1 MansfieldTerrier

MansfieldTerrier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:25 AM

Hi all

I've been struggling with this for a while now and, having received a copy of the RM6 book by Bruce Buzbee this morning, I'm still none the wiser!

How can I get the scrapbook to include ALL of the photos that I have saved to a person, including those for things attached to events (e.g. wedding) and places (homes)?

And while I'm on, how do I get the scrapbook to produce the photos chronologically? Is it because I have used 'circa' and sometimes the month before the actual year?

Puzzled!

MT ;)

MT ;)

Looking for Pashby, Bird, Sedman, Sutton and Dobson in Scarborough, UK

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8332 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:23 AM

When you edit the MediaTag look for the option "Include in Scrapbook for this person". If you don't see the option then the media was not added as an Image and cannot be treated as such. 

When you are in the Media Album click on Tools>Rearrange Media Items to place them in the order you want.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 MansfieldTerrier

MansfieldTerrier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

Yes I am starting to get to grips with this, Renee, but I still cannot get things like a scan of a birth certificate - attached to the event - to appear as the first scrapbook image.
Why? :(

MT ;)

MT ;)

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

From Renee's post:

"When you are in the Media Album click on Tools>Rearrange Media Items to place them in the order you want."

#5 MansfieldTerrier

MansfieldTerrier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

Yep. Done that.
But ... Pictures which are associated with events and things like Residences don't appear in the list.
It's very frustrating!

MT ;)

MT ;)

#6 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3438 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

I don't use scrapbooks very much, but isn't a person's scrapbook separate from an event's scrapbook (even an event for the same person)? And can't you only work with one scrapbook at a time?

Jerry

#7 MansfieldTerrier

MansfieldTerrier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:51 PM

At the moment I'm getting around it by using two scrapbooks per person, one using the 'Family' setting, the other using 'Person' so I get some of the other pictures in, but still can't find the way of getting that birth certificate right at the start.

MT ;)

MT ;)

#8 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:02 PM

Only photo files that are linked to RM as Images are shown on the Rearrange media file list or print in the Scrapbook.

Media linked as File, Sound, or Video are not included.

If the files are photos, you may need to remove them from the Media Gallery and relink them and retag them.

Make a note of where that media is tagged before you remove it from the Gallery so you can recreate the tags.

I would create and save a Multimedia list report to text before removing a media file. That report is sorted by where the media is tagged not by the file path. But, you could do a Find for the media file name to find the places a media file should be tagged.

#9 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

Go to Reports, Scrapbook.

Mark the items to print the scrapbook for Person.

This prints the media tagged as General media to a person.

Select the person the scrapbook is for by clicking on the select button.

To also print the media for the events for that person, check Print photos attached to that person.

Family prints only the media tagged to the selected family.

To choose to print Scrapbooks for a Person and Family, go to Report, Publisher and create a new book.

Choose Add. Scroll down and choose Scrapbook. I use List instead of icons.

Create a scrapbook for Person, select the person and check Print photos attached to events.

Click on Publish book. After the Scrapbook comes up close the screen. Save the publisher file.

Open the book again and Add a new scrapbook for Family.

You can tag all the media you have tagged for a family to the person's General media Album also. Then, only print a Person scrapbook.

Or, you can tag all the person's general media and all the person's event media to the Family Media Album. Then, only print a Family scrapbook.

I think about Publishing a book and having choices.

I am going to want photos pertaining to that person in the person's General Album. That could be pictures of the person, picture of the person with other family members, places they lived, a picture of a work place, pets, etc.

In the family album, I may want pictures of each family member, pictures as a group, places the whole family lived, pictures of each family member's birth certificates or pictures of census pages, etc..

Some photos might be tagged to both the Person and Family.

In Publisher, If I added a Family Group Sheet for the family, I would add a Scrapbook for that family.

If I added an Individual summary for a person, I would add a Scrapbook for that Person with or without events.

I experiment with where to tag media in my Play database. Then, I do the tagging in my main database when I am sure that is what I want to do.

#10 MansfieldTerrier

MansfieldTerrier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

Wow! That seems very thorough, Laura.
I'll have a go at that over the next day or so.
Thank you. :)

MT ;)

MT ;)

#11 MansfieldTerrier

MansfieldTerrier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:57 AM

Just to let the Community know that I finally solved this problem a couple of weeks ago.

Whilst I had made a point of adding a date in the correct box for every picture, I was struggling to reorganise them chronologically on a scrapbook page.

What I had neglected to do was click on that person's 'Media' tab, then 'Tools' and from there 'Rearrange media items' and thence 'Sort by date'.

Easy when you know how!

MT ;)

MT ;)