• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mijul

Mijul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

My father's mother died when he was only a few months old.  His aunt and her husband then adopted him.  My father never knew he was adopted until he was 50 years old and never had any connection with his natural father.  I have both his natural parents and adopting parents in RM.  When I print a report, it always gives his natural parents' info.  How do I get reports with his adopting parents' lines?  The obvious answer would be to delete the natural parents, but the natural dad and the adopting mom were brother and sister.  That would delete her family line as well. :( 

Suggestions?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8202 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

In the Family View make sure you have the adopted parents showing as the parents for him. Look in the Pedigree view and they should be listed that way to. Once you have viewed the preferred parents it will print using them in reports. If you happen to view the natural parents again you need to make sure you view the adopted parents once again before you print. The last parents viewed for a person will automatically be the ones that print in the reports. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

Which report?   When I do an Individual Summary for the person, it lists both set of parents with one set the word (guardian) is behind.  Does not do it in the Family Group Sheet. 

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:45 PM

You wouldn't delete the natural parent(s). You would unlink the child from them.

Make the child and the natural parents the focus in the Family view.

To change the parents to he right parents, click on the arrow to the right of Parents in the upper left of the screen. Click on the correct set of parents.

Highlight the child to be unlinked.

Click on Edit, Unlink, From parents. Check to make sure you have chosen the right parents to unlink. Click on Unlink from parents.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8202 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:44 AM

Which report?   When I do an Individual Summary for the person, it lists both set of parents with one set the word (guardian) is behind.  Does not do it in the Family Group Sheet. 

I was thinking more the pedigree chart.

Renee
RootsMagic