• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 molady

molady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

After I have imported photos to an individuals page, the photo "won't hold". When I return to the page a day or so later, all the photos are "x" and won't show up on reports that I want to print. How do I enable these photos to stay "in the program"?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3422 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

The key understanding is that you are telling RootsMagic where to find them, not copying (importing) them into the database. If you tell RootsMagic they are in some folder(s) on some device ...then that device and folder(s) must always be available for RM to read from and ensure they are linked to.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8108 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:09 AM

If you moved or renamed the file after linking in RootsMagic if will break the link to the image. If you just moved the file then use Lists>Media Gallery>Tools>Fix broken media link to relocate it. If the file was renamed then you need to go under Properties>Change Media File to select the correct image.

Renee
RootsMagic