• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 garygriggs

garygriggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

I am a subscriber to MyHeritage, yet when I am logged in and try to do a search I continually get a screen asking me to sign up for their Annual Data Subscription at $13.93 per month.  The screen will block further searches.  There is no way to contact MyHeritage to resolve the issue, and I am unable to use the subscription that I have already paid for.  This is unacceptable and, as a recommender of MyHeritage, I expect RootsMagic to contact them and have this practice stopped.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8490 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

I'm not sure where you are considering your logging in. Under Tools>File Options>WebHints the place for your MyHeritage email address only works to filter out your own MyHeritage tree hints. There is no way to login to MyHeritage inside of RootsMagic. When you click on a WebHint it takes you to their website. After that its all under MyHeritage's control.  You need to actually login on their website to see the records. If your logged in and see the problem you mentioned above then contact MyHeritage to have them work it out. Obviously that's not the way its designed to work. 

Go to http://helpcenter.myheritage.com/
Then click on the link at the end of the sentence at the top.
"If you did not find the answer you were looking for, you can contact a Support Representative by clicking here."

You will get the form to contact support.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3608 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:58 AM

Renee is totally correct that you have to logon to MyHeritage. So when you click on a Webhint for MyHeritage from within RM, you will have to logon to MyHeritage at that point.

However, it is very unclear from your description of your problem exactly where your problem is. For example, suppose you have have RM shut down. Can you manually start a browser, manually go to the MyHeritage web site, and manually logon to MyHeritage? If not, then that is the first hurdle to overcome and you will need to overcome that hurdle with MyHeritage.

But let's suppose you have overcome the first hurdle above. Shut down the browser and start RM. Click on a Webhint for MyHeritage and your default browser will open to the hint but you will not be logged on. So logon just like you did manually as described in the previous paragraph of my text. You might have to logon in this fashion for every Webhint, but it will all work.

Most browsers can be set to remember logons so you wouldn't have to logon again for every logon. Whether doing so is wise or not may be debatable, but it should be fairly safe on a machine that is only used by you. The way I am setup on my personal machine at home, Chrome is my default browser and it remembers logons. So when a program such as RM starts a browser to go to MyHeritage, it uses Chrome and Chrome logs me onto MyHeritage. But when I am doing online banking or other online financial business, I use Firefox and my Firefox is set not to remember logons.

Another approach than having the browser remember logons is simply to logon to MyHeritage from your default browser before you start using Webhints. When RM opens a browser window for the Webhints, it will open a new browser window but the new browser window will be a second browser window for MyHeritage and MyHeritage will know that you are already logged on.

Jerry