I really like the option to display surnames in uppercase. Its implementation now in RM 7 isn't complete, and ought to be.
For example, an imported GEDCOM brings data, including surnames, into RM as they were in the GEDCOM file. In my case, I had some surnames in uppercase, some in regular case. So then I turned on the "display surnames in uppercase" and it fixed everything for me - in the display part of things.
I discovered that RM (by default) didn't like surnames in uppercase in the actual fields - although I could ignore this by turning that checkbox off in NameClean. But it is a good idea to have things standardized. So then, I ran the NameClean routine to put all surnames in lowercase. I decided to do this for standardization. It worked perfectly.
So I thought it would be a global thing - all names would be (in their fields) lowercase, and all surnames would be displayed in uppercase. That's true....except when I print a custom report. For some reason, the custom report ignores the display setting I placed in program options. So, I see the surnames in lowercase.
Suggestion: Make the "surnames in uppercase" option apply to custom reports too.
Thanks for considering this suggestion.