• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 srichards

srichards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

I have upgraded my Family Atlas program and restarted my computer. Do I need to keep the CD in the cd rom drive to use the program? I don't think so and have tried the program both ways.

As I start to import my rootsmagic 7 file I get the message "Access violation at address 0085AE84 in module 'FamilyAtlas.exe' Read of address '00000008'. I hit the button at the bottom 'OK' and it continues to load.

Then I click to 'add' a marker set. I can set the name for that set and the other things; but when I click on the list of names and start typing the name of the person I'm trying to find - it won't find the person. When that happens I will scroll down and find the person and click the box on their name and then I tell it to find all of their ancestors (usually just the '4' generations) and it says it has only found 1-3 people. I check on the people and other than the one I chose they are not direct line ancestors.

I am totally frustrated and don't know what to do next.......HELP!

Susan Richards

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

If you imported a RM6 or 7 RMGC file then that might be the issue. Family Atlas has an issue with their file format. Create a File>Export>GEDCOM and import that GEDCOM file into Family Atlas.

Renee
RootsMagic