• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Grove

Grove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:12 AM

Does anyone else have a problem with the to do list?

I find it does not show the details fully at the bottom of the screen (both in landscape and portrait mode).

You can neither scroll nor resize the screen to read the details.

I am on a Nexus 7 with Lollipop so plenty of screen space, just does not appear to have been coded fully or tested.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

This must be an issue exclusive to Nexus devices running Lollipop. I will put that on the development list to be looked at. I don't have one of those devices to confirm what you are seeing. Its working fine on my Samsung Galaxy tablet running 4.4.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Grove

Grove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:35 AM

Sadly despite the upgrade to 1.2 by Rootsmagic and running on the latest Android the display issues are exactly the same as the previous version. They seem not to have been fixed, but if they have, they have not been tested on one of the most popular Android tablets.

• Simply, screens cannot be resized (like a browser), some are so small that they are unusable
  • The To Do list still displays the detail headings at the foot of the screen but the detailed entries are completely off the bottom of the screen.

A long wait for a big disappointment.

#4 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:39 AM

I have a Google Nexus.5 with Lollipop 5.1.2.

In vertical mode.

The Task name section has one Task showing at the bottom of the screen.

I can scroll the task list to see the other task name to select it. I only have two tasks in my ToDos.

I have one ToDo where the result doesn't all show on one screen. I can scroll down to read the rest of it.

It is working the same on my Samsung Galaxy 5 phone with Lollipop 5.0.

I haven't figured out how to get either phone to rotate to lwndscape mode. It may be settings for the phone that I haven't found yet.

There is too big of a blank space between the Status Filter section and the Task name list section. It is a little over an inch on the Nexus and 1 1/2 inches on the Samsung.

I can see where it would be difficult for someone with larger hands than mine to scroll the task name line.

#5 Grove

Grove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:56 AM

So, it is quite clear then that the Android app has not been tested on the Samsung Galaxy 5, Nexus 5 or the Nexus 7. 

The way that content just runs off the bottom of the screen and there is no ability to re-size the content using the standard "pinch and grow" gesture suggests that Rootsmagic have a long way to go to get this to even an acceptable working app.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:34 AM

Confirming issues noted in tracking system. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 EddieB

EddieB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

I have updated Dropbox and uninstalled and reinstalled RM App from Google play and still not able to get App to work. Am using LG3.

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:29 AM

Where is the issue happening? Are you not able to login to Dropbox from the app or is it failing somewhere else. Give me the steps you are taking and where it fails on you.

Renee
RootsMagic