5 replies to this topic

#1 Trebor22

Trebor22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:48 AM

Its only a minor niggle but every time I start RootsMagic I get the box displaying news and updates etc. I have tried ticking the 'do not show this box again' option + unchecked the 'display news screen' option but the box  pops up every time, is there an easy  way to stop it or are adverts just a fact of digital life?

Bob

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:56 AM

The current version of RM6 is 6.3.3.2 - the news box will continue to display until you install that update (or move to RM7).

#3 Trebor22

Trebor22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

Tried that and it works - many thanks!!

I only normally install updates if there appears to be a good reason to (lost count of the times an update has caused more problems than it solved!) so I guess the annoying box just seemed permanent.

Thanks again.

Bob

#4 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:38 PM

The current version of RM6 is 6.3.3.2 - the news box will continue to display until you install that update (or move to RM7).

Correct, I get it all the time, thing is the DataClean Beta was removed in the 6.3.3.2 update.

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

It's now time for discretion, trust, patience and support

User of Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Historian 6.2.7, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#5 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

Yes, I miss the Data Clean function, but have decided to hold off a bit longer on upgrading to RM7 (which got Data Clean back). I'm not at all interested in the linkage with FSFT and Heritage, particularly with all the problems being experienced. I have a wifi connection where I live, and the documented slowness and balkiness of the FSFT connection would make that feature nearly worthless to me.

#6 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:20 PM

Yes, I miss the Data Clean function, but have decided to hold off a bit longer on upgrading to RM7 (which got Data Clean back). I'm not at all interested in the linkage with FSFT and Heritage, particularly with all the problems being experienced. I have a wifi connection where I live, and the documented slowness and balkiness of the FSFT connection would make that feature nearly worthless to me.

You are not alone, I believe it will be RM8 before we see many of the long standing wishes come forth and very hopefully then and not later.

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

It's now time for discretion, trust, patience and support

User of Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Historian 6.2.7, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root