• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mdriscol

mdriscol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

I'm using RootsMagic 6 and am having difficulty installing RootsMagic-to-Go on a flash drive.  When I couldn't install it on my current flash drive I bought a new 32 GB drive and tried again.  I still can't install it and get the error message "Cannot create file 'E:\autorun.inf". Access is denied."

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Mark

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3258 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:47 PM

http://forums.rootsm...c-to-go-issues/

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 mdriscol

mdriscol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

Thanks, I read the thread and Renee mentions a Trend Micro site to log an issue.  However, the site wants a copy of the file to re-evaluate.  What file to I attach for them to consider?

Mark

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5459 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:52 PM

Check and see if RootsMagic got installed and that it is only autorun.inf that was not. There should be RootsMagic Launcher and a RootsMagic folder in the root directory. Click on the Launcher to start.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 mdriscol

mdriscol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:06 PM

Thanks.  In the directory there is RootsMagic.exe and RootsMagic-to-Go.exe but no RootsMagic Launcher anywhere on my hard drive.

Mark

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5459 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

I meant for you to look in your flash drive, not your hard drive.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#7 mdriscol

mdriscol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:37 PM

Got it.  I did find the Launcher on my flash drive and ran it.  I then re-ran RootsMagic-to-Go and I get the same error.  I then upgraded to RootsMagic 7 and have the same problem.

Also, RootsMagic 7 did not put shortcuts in my Start > All Programs menus.  Any idea how to get them to show up there?

Thanks again,

Mark