1 reply to this topic

#1 Holm D T

Holm D T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

I have Windows 7 and RM 7  updated . Sometimes RM 7 will freeze and sometimes it will not  I have it set to open the news pop up window.  But it stops at that point.  Task Manger tells me it is not responding. It happens when I open RM & icon or if I go to my file in Windows and try to open the file. 

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

*SNIP* I have it set to open the news pop up window.  But it stops at that point.  Task Manger tells me it is not responding.

The news pop up window would be trying to access the internet to get to rootsmagic.com and find out if there is any news. If you have some firewall, virus checker or malware monitoring programs running ...they might be blocking RootsMagic from getting onto the internet.

Try disabling the news popup menu via program options and then try going to the WebSearch tab and clicking the search button. Does it load up the window with some searched information ? (this is accessing the internet, too, from within RM)

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N