• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dpleyden

dpleyden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:33 PM

I just installed RootsMagic 7 on my Mac (and using MacBridge).  When I click on Help>Contents I can see the contents page and can read any of the entries.  But if click on the Search or Index tab while in Help, the lefthand screen goes blank, and I have to exit help and go back in to get to the Contents material.  I'm not sure if this is a RootsMagic 7 or or MacBridge issue.  

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

I just installed RootsMagic 7 on my Mac (and using MacBridge).  When I click on Help>Contents I can see the contents page and can read any of the entries.  But if click on the Search or Index tab while in Help, the lefthand screen goes blank, and I have to exit help and go back in to get to the Contents material.  I'm not sure if this is a RootsMagic 7 or or MacBridge issue.

This is a CrossOver issue - MacBridge uses a stripped down version of CrossOver. The problem stems from the inability of the stripped-down variety of Internet Explorer packaged with CrossOver and it's inability to properly handle Windows Help files (CHM files, I think).

This was accepted as a problem with CrossOver some months ago, but ........